What is cosmetic tattooing?
Micro-pigmentation and semi-permanent makeup are both in regards to makeup tattoos. The process of micro-pigmentation, which is achieved by placing pigment beneath the surface of the skin is considered cosmetic tattooing. We use small, sterilized, disposable needles to recreate the look of hair, natural makeup, or to enhance our client’s features. We CANNOT guarantee results for anyone.
How old do I have to be to get tattooed?
You must be 18 years or older with a valid form of identification.
Can I get tattooed if I have been tattooed/microbladed before?
Each cover up is taken case by case. An emailed photo is required or you must schedule a consultation.
Can I get a cosmetic tattoo if I am pregnant, or breastfeeding?
We do not tattoo pregnant or nursing mothers.
Does cosmetic tattooing hurt?
Most clients describe the pain as “annoying”, and comparable to threading. We do use two very effective anesthetics and our goal is to keep our client comfortable. Keep in mind everyone’s pain tolerance is different.
Are the pigments vegan?
Pigments are 100% safe & cruelty free. Our pigments have never been tested on animals and do not contain animal by-products.
What can I expect during my appointment?
During your appointment we will thoroughly discuss the treatments, expectations and post care. We will agree on a complimentary color, shape and density best suited for you. During the procedure, the best results are our goal. With that being said, microblading is an art on a canvas of skin. There is no guarantee of a specific outcome based on the variance of person to person. New appointments take roughly 1 1/2-2 hours and touchups between 1-1/2 hours.
What should I do before my eyebrow tattoo appointment?
Photos for inspiration are always welcomed with a shape and color preference. Coming in with your brows filled in how you normally wear them is also a good idea. If you are a regular waxer, shape/tint, or threader please do so 5 days prior to appointment.
What should I not do before my eyebrow tattoo appointment?
Please avoid blood thinners (Asprin, Ibuprofen, fish oil, Vitamin E or Niacin) within 48 hours of your appointment. Alcoholic beverages should not be consumed 24 hours before due to possible excessive bleeding. Also avoid sun bathing, chemical peels and exfoliating 30 days before and after procedure.
What factors can affect my cosmetic tattoo?
-Choice of color (blonde fades quicker than brown)
-Any excessive bleeding during procedure reduces amount of pigment absorption
Will I be able to go out the same day?
Your brows will begin oxidation and color will appear darker and bolder. Redness and swelling are possible, yet rare and normally subside within the hour. Cosmetic tattoos take 7-10 days to begin to heal. Makup must be avoided in the brow area. Please use soap and cream as instructed. Pigment will fade 30-40% and will soften as they heal.
How long will they last?
They are considered semi-permanent, meaning they will not wash off. But due to natural exfoliation and turn over of skin cells they will fade overtime. Touch ups are standard and necessary for cosmetic work. Time varies person to person.
Lastly about Microblading…
We cannot guarantee results for every client. We do include one touchup free of charge. Some clients may require additional touch ups for a desired look. Also, microblading is not a procedure to replace makeup, but to enhance your own eyebrows and keep them looking as natural as possible.
AVOID DOING THESE THINGS FOR 10 DAYS OR UNTIL HEALED:
Day 1-2 “I LOVE MY NEW BROWS”
Day 3-5 “Oh, no! They appear too thick & too dark”
Day 5-10 “WTF they’re flaking off!”
Day 10-14 “WTH my brows are gone!”
Day 14-28 “They came back, just a little patchy.”
Week 6-8 (After touch up) “Yay they’re perfect!”
What is a lash lift?
What do I do to prepare for my appointment?
How do I take care of my lift?
Who is a great candidate?
How long is the appointment?
Are lifts safe?
How long will my lift last?
How often should I book for a touch up?
What are lash extensions?
How long will a set of lashes last?
Can I apply mascara to my extensions?
Can I swim, shower, exercise or receive facials?
How soon can I wash my face after they’ve been applied?
How do I take care of my new beautiful extensions?
How long is the first appointment? How long are fill appts?
How do I choose the look I want?
Do I have to do anything to prepare for the service?
Guests are also not allowed unless receiving a service. Please do not bring food and silence your cell phone. We accept cash and card only. Deposit will be forfeited and a new deposit will be required to rebook if not abided by.
You can NOT have a PMU session if you have any of the following:
– Pregnant or nursing.
– Have had chemo or radiation in the last 9 months.
– On blood thinners.
– On antibiotics.
– Have had Botox or fillers in the last 2 months.
– Accutane(1 year) or Retin-A (must be off of Dr. prescribed Retin-A for 3 months)
– Allergic to licocaine, dyes, latex, metals or glycerine.
– You do NOT have: Hemophilia, diabetes, thyroid disturbances, cancer, prone to keloids, blood pressure problems, alcoholism, or circulatory problems.
– BY BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE ABOVE AND AGREE THAT NONE APPLY TO YOU.
By booking an appointment you agree to all policies of Brow Baby Studio.
– If you are late 15 or more minutes, your appointment will be marked no-show and you’ll be charged for the service.
– We ask that your appointment be treated like a medical appointment. This means no guest(s) unless you have a medical disability that requires a companion. If you arrive with a guest(s), they will be asked to leave as we have limited space and seating. If they refuse to leave, your appointment will be canceled and your deposit forfeited.
– We love your kids, but children are not allowed in the studio as space is limited, the studio is an unsafe environment for children, and children cannot be supervised during your appointment. If you arrive with children, your appointment will be canceled and deposit forfeited.
– No food.
– No phones.
– Must be over 18.
– You MUST be in general good health.
– BY BOOKING YOUR APPOINTMENT, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE ABOVE TERMS.
Brow Baby Studio requires a $100 deposit to secure every new appointment* made. These deposits are non-refundable. If the appointment is cancelled by the client at any time, the full deposit will be forfeited.
– All services require a non-refundable deposit.
– Deposits are non-transferable.
Final payment is due on the day of your appointment. We accept cash and credit, however Brow Baby Studio will not accept personal checks as payment. Your final payment amount will be the total cost of your appointment, including your deposit amount.
Brow Baby Studio does not guarantee healed results. Makeup may still be required to give the result you’re looking for. Therefore additional sessions will be charged accordingly.
One complimentary touch up is included as a part of your microblading appointment. The touch up is necessary to reaffirm shape and fill in places that may have faded. Touch ups are scheduled 4 weeks after initial appointment. If appointment is missed a $50 fee is added to honor touch up.
Touch Ups/Refresh Appointments:
Touchup and refresher appointment pricing is listed under booking.
Pricing is subject to change without notice based on potential promotions or seasonal changes.
Brow Baby Studio only allows one reschedule before forfeiting paid for deposit. This also applies to touchups.
– 72 hour notice must be given to reschedule, if you cancel or try to reschedule within those 72 hours, you forfeit your deposit and a new deposit will be required to rebook.
A clear email with a photo is required or please book a free consult so we can assess before scheduling.
– If you arrive with previously tattooed eyebrows without artist approval, your appointment will be canceled and deposit forfeited.